There is no question that our culture is a sexual mess -- which translates into a lot of broken hearts and broken lives. The Catholic Church has a wisdom about sexuality derived from Scripture and natural law (good common sense) that too few Catholics know and live. Why is sex outside of marriage so destructive? Why is contraception wrong? What is the conscience and its role in decision making? What is the connection between contraception, abortion, assisted suicide, and same-sex unions? Prof. Janet Smith covers these and other crucial topics in this provocative series of 12 CD presentations.
This series is a valuable training tool for teachers, principals, catechists, youth workers, home schooling parents, or anyone interested in issues of sexuality , contraception, and immorality in our culture.
Talk Titles in the Sexual Common Sense Series:
- Contraception: Why Not - Updated and Revised Edition!
- Homosexuality: Why Not
- Theology of the Body: The Nuptial Meaning of Our Bodies
- Reproductive Technologies: Why Not</li>
- Natural Family Planning: Is it Moral?
- Hormones â€œRâ€ Us
- Over Population: The Facts
- The Culture of Life vs. the Culture of Death
- â€œJust Follow Your Conscienceâ€
- The Family as a Path to Holiness
- Contraception: The History of the Churchâ€™s Teaching
- Contraception: Dissent from the Churchâ€™s Teaching
To download Janet E. Smith's accompanying powerpoint presentations for these talks Click Here.